Thursday, April 17, 2008

I never thought I would say this...

I agree with Andrew Sullivan. I really thought I would never say those words in this lifetime. When I first started reading blogs and the best ones were only 'TalkingPointsMemo.com' and 'Whiskey Bar' Andrew Sullivan was the opposite of these writers. He was pro-war, he was right wing conservative, he was WRONG. He didnt know it yet, but he does now.

Over the past couple of years he has thought about this thoughts and he has learned from experience. He hasn't wasted a lot of time in that time trying to think of ways that he was right.

Now he has gone and said EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN THINKING. In his recent post that I have tracked back to, he has put his finger on what it is that we all love about Obama. He has identified how Hillary and McCain are two sides of the same coin. Have you ever wondered how a good Democrat like H. Clinton could start running negative ads and start covert whispering campaigns against another good Democrat, just to win the nomination? It is because that campaign doesn't see anthing wrong with adopting the dark tactics of the enemy? For years we have known that the Right Wing will stoop as low as necessary to get the job done. It's all they have, since reality 'has a liberal bias'. Ordinarily the Left Wing need not do this, but for some reason this campaign thinks that winning is far more important than doing what is right and proper. I think that the Obama campaign will never have to stoop to these tactics, because they know that the future must be a clean break from the sins of the recent past.

One of the things I liked about Bill Clinton's campaign was that when the Right started their baloney, he didnt quit. He kept on talking about the issues, about how he had answers, and they had rumors. He was right. He didnt need to stoop to their tricks. Obama is right. Obama is not afraid of politics as usual. Obama deserves to be President.

No comments: